Solar Heater Installation
To prepare for installation, our team will require the following information:
- Mobile Number.
- Email Address.
- House Address / Installation Location.
- Photo / Video of the surrounding area (If necessary an assessment team will be send to assess the location).
- Product that you want to install.
After our team got the necessary information, a team and crane will be arranged for the installation.
Crane is a third party service that Water Hippo will arrange for the installation by default. However, you are always welcome to arrange your own crane for installation.
During the day of installation, the whole installation proceed should take around 3 hours. The typical S-TEC installation process will be as follow:
- When the team arrive with the S-TEC solar heater.
- The team will brief you on the job they will be carried out.
- The team will dismantle the current/old solar heater (For solar heater replacement).
- The team will install the bracket that hold the S-TEC solar heater in place.
- The team will load the solar heater to the crane and lift it to the desire location.
- The team will install the solar heater and connect the piping together.
- The team will fill up the S-TEC and make sure it is in working order.
- The team will then take photo of the installation for you to refer to.
- The team will clean up the surrounding area before asking for a signature and leave the area.
In order to test solar heater, the location should have:
- Water supply source not more than 2 meter away from the desire installation location.
- Electrical supply not more than 2 meter away from the desire installation location.
If one of more of the requirement is not meet, please inform our team so that we can be better prepare.
Service Solar Heater
How to preserve the lifespan of your solar heater? To understand how to prolong the lifespan of the solar heater, you first have to understand the factor that might wear out your solar heater. Factor affecting the lifespan of solar heater Way ...
Solar heater leaking.
Your might notice water dripping down from your roof and gutter sometimes during the day. This is normal as the solar heater was build to release some water and/or air when the pressure inside the solar heater build up due to heat. ...
Solar water heater making noise.
Summer solar heater do not have any moving parts and will not make any noise under normal condition. However, there is a chance that the parts on the solar heater or pipe connected to the solar heater degraded over the time. The condition of the ...
Solar heater no hot water
Summer solar heater heat up water by transfer the heat in the sunlight to the cold water inside the panel. You might encouter the issue of running out hot water when there is a shortage of sunlight. However, there is no need to worry, ...
Solar heater trip ELCB/RCD when switching on
Your solar heater is connected to a booster switch that you may switch on due to not enough hot water. Sometime, when the user switch on the booster switch, the whole house and/or the whole floor electricity might cut off. This electrical cutoff ...