Solar heater trip ELCB/RCD when switching on
Your solar heater is connected to a booster switch that you may switch on due to not enough hot water.
Sometime, when the user switch on the booster switch, the whole house and/or the whole floor electricity might cut off. This electrical cutoff might be due to faulty heating element and a replacement of the coil might be needed.
Booster switch is a switch that supply heating element with electricity in order to heat up the water. We recommend to switch it off unless there is not enough hot water.
- Switch off the solar heater booster switch.
- Switch on the ELCB/RCD fuse inside the fuse box.
- Switch on the solar heater booster switch again.
- If it trip instantly, there is a high possibility that the heater element have become faulty and a replacement is needed.
- If it only trip after a few minute, it might be an electrical issue, please contact an electrician to check on the electricity.
- Please switch off the solar heater booster switch until the issue was resolved.
Solar heater no hot water
Summer solar heater heat up water by transfer the heat in the sunlight to the cold water inside the panel. You might encouter the issue of running out hot water when there is a shortage of sunlight. However, there is no need to worry, ...
Service Solar Heater
How to preserve the lifespan of your solar heater? To understand how to prolong the lifespan of the solar heater, you first have to understand the factor that might wear out your solar heater. Factor affecting the lifespan of solar heater Way ...
Solar heater leaking.
Your might notice water dripping down from your roof and gutter sometimes during the day. This is normal as the solar heater was build to release some water and/or air when the pressure inside the solar heater build up due to heat. ...
Solar water heater making noise.
Summer solar heater do not have any moving parts and will not make any noise under normal condition. However, there is a chance that the parts on the solar heater or pipe connected to the solar heater degraded over the time. The condition of the ...
Solar Heater Installation
To prepare for installation, our team will require the following information: Name. Mobile Number. Email Address. House Address / Installation Location. Photo / Video of the surrounding area (If necessary an assessment team will be send to assess the ...